Signs you have way too much homeschool curriculum3 min read
Do you ever look at your shelves at home and wonder if and why you have so much homeschool curriculum?
As a homeschooling parent, you obviously want your kids to have the best possible learning. You don’t want them to miss out on anything! But amidst that whole goal to involve everything you possibly can and more, is it possible that you’ve overdone it, just a little bit?
Are you a curriculum junkie?
Well, let’s find out!
Here are signs that you have way too much homeschool curriculum
1. You could sell your curriculum (or you already do) and still have a whole shelf full
Selling your curriculum is a good thing. However, if it still continues to look like you haven’t sold anything in the first place, you probably do have too much curriculum! Maybe if you try to cut your curriculum stash in half it might look like you were able to actually get rid of some stuff.
2. You keep buying more stuff because you don’t realize what you already have
This is a major sign that you have way too much curriculum! Have you ever gone through your curriculum and realized that you have indeed bought it more than once? Plus, you also have that digital curriculum stored on the computer that you forgot about.
3. You have friends that borrow your curriculum
It may not seem like it, but if you have friends who keep coming over to borrow items from your curriculum, then you do in fact have a lot. And you know the really funny part? You probably won’t even miss it when it’s gone!
Well, the bright side is that since your kids will eventually outgrow the curriculum you could always sell or donate it.
4. Are you known as a homeschooling expert?
Who doesn’t love a good compliment, right? But if you are known as a curriculum expert, if you are that go-to person that people usually call up to ask about whatever curriculum they’re choosing, then you do have way too much homeschool curriculum at home.
5. You can jump from one curriculum to another without having to buy more
You don’t have to stick to the same curriculum forever. So, it’s okay if you like to keep changing things up. However, that being said, maybe you have too much homeschool curriculum if you can go more than two weeks of not using the same curriculum.
Have you realized that you do, in fact, have way too much homeschool curriculum?
If these signs resonate with you, then you do have a lot of homeschool curriculum.
But don’t feel bad about this! Having too much homeschool curriculum doesn’t make you a crazy person at all! It just means that you invest a lot into something that you care about.
So, what can you do about it?
- Write blogs and/or curriculum reviews to help other homeschoolers choose the best curriculum for their homeschool.
- Sell or donate your curriculum to new homeschooling families or those who cannot afford it.
- Be mindful the next time you feel the need to buy more curriculum. Double check with what you already have before purchasing more.