10 Proven Power Foods To Supercharge Your Child’s Immunity5 min read
It is very common for parents to see their kids get sick due to improper eating habits. It is also important that they maintain a balanced diet. Having a balanced diet can help prevent children from getting sick. Power foods are great for kids to boost their immune systems and ward off illnesses.
Children and Immune System
The immune system is a network of cells and tissues that work together to fight off sickness. It is an inbuilt system that protects us from harmful invaders. It also helps keep us healthy and resilient against disease. First exposure to bacteria in the birth canal is known to trigger the development of the child’s immune system. This process can lead to the onset of a child’s lifelong immunity.
The working of the Immune System
The immune system is a part of the body that fights against harmful substances. It’s also responsible for protecting the organs from disease-causing microbes and toxins. The body’s natural immune system is designed to fight against harmful microbes. Unfortunately, if it stops working properly, it can get overwhelmed by the harmful germs that it encounters. Some of these include bacteria that have never been exposed to before. Without our immune system, we would no longer be able to fight against harmful things that enter our bodies.
A good Immune System keeps your child free from harmful diseases. Induce proper growth in them. Proper food and enough amount of sleep is the best way to have a healthy body for your child. But when your child is not eating well, he/she is naturally prone to diseases.
Proven foods to supercharge your Kid’s Immune system are
- Greens are great for kids as they can help build their immunity and protect their DNA. They also contain antioxidant nutrients that can help fight against cancer.
- Fenugreek and spinach are good sources of zinc, iron, and folic acid. They can also be eaten as part of a healthy diet.
- To build immunity in kids, they should get enough protein sources such as eggs and milk.
- The egg yolk is a storehouse of Vitamin A, minerals, and antioxidants. It contains these vital nutrients to help fight infection.
- Pulses are a great source of protein for vegetarians. Also, cooking chapatis on iron Tava is a great way to add protein to these dishes.
Curd & Yogurt
- Curd or yogurt is a great source of protein and helps strengthen the digestive tract in children. It can also be enjoyed as a snack.
- Good bacteria in yogurt help fight and prevent the growth of bad bacteria in the stomach.
- Plain curds, flavored yogurt, raita, or lassi are great for kids. They can also help keep them off stomach infections.
- Consuming garlic regularly can help keep the body healthy and prevent illness. It has anti-viral and antibacterial properties.
- Allicin is a powerful antibiotic that can be used to treat various infections. It’s released when crushed or chewed garlic.
- Garlic has been used as an antiseptic and antibacterial agent. It can help the body fight off various types of bacteria.
Oats & Barley
- A whole grain is a healthy choice because it contains beta-glucan, which has antimicrobial properties. It can also help keep the intestines and stomach feeling clean.
- A cup of oats provides about 10% of the daily value of various nutrients, including zinc, protein, iron, and vitamin B1. It can trigger an immunological response in the body and helps fight disease.
- It’s known to help keep the colds at bay by helping prevent the bacteria from reproducing. It can also protect the cells in your body from getting infected. This is why zinc is often taken during cold seasons.
- Barley is high in Vitamin B1, which is also known as thiamine. It is also good for digestion and helps support the healthy growth of plants.
- The added fiber in your food helps keep the digestive system running smoothly. Also, it can help keep the bacteria in the gut at bay, which can help prevent disease.
- Carrots contain vitamin C, which helps nourish the body and develop an immunological system. Vitamin C helps nourish the body and prevent infections. This nutrient is also used to treat iron and prevent infections.
- This component helps keep the mucus lining in the body’s respiratory and intestinal tracts healthy. It prevents bacteria from entering the bloodstream and causing diseases.
- Mushrooms are very good for your immunity. They are also a great source of zinc. They are known to boost the immune system by producing white blood cells. This substance can also help in the development of immunity.
- Various types of fungi have anti-viral and anti-tumor properties. They can help fend off colds and cases of flu.
- You can also make mushroom peas into a healthy meal by adding various vegetables to it. These are great to add to any meal.
- It’s important to give your kids some nuts at odd hours so they can get enough nutrients. They can also benefit from the nutrients found in these seeds.
- Nuts are full of nutrients and are known to contain a variety of minerals and proteins. They can also be used as an ingredient in homemade dishes.
- Encourage kids to try different kinds of fruits, such as almonds, dates, and dried figs. They can also add them to their homemade sweets.
- Fish can help build a healthy immune system. It is also a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids. These acids can help lower inflammation and boost a person’s immune function.
- It contains Omega-3 fatty acids, which are known to improve the levels of activity in the body. Fish and other fatty fish are great sources of these nutrients.
- With so many fruits to choose from, it’s time to make sure that your kids are getting enough of them. They can also benefit from the dark color of the fruit and its various nutrients.
- Studies have shown that eating fruits can help boost your immune function. They also contain nutrients that can reduce stress.
- Try adding other fruits such as berries, melons, or even a few apples and bananas. This will help boost his or her health.
Now use these Super-Foods to boost your child’s immune system. Make eating Healthier and tastier by adding these essential foods to your child’s diet. Stay Happy & Healthy.