7 Magical Harry Potter Craft Activities For Your Kids6 min read
When it comes to being a fanatic of some fantasy novel series, age doesn’t really play a big role. It becomes quite important to talk about Harry Potter while mentioning some of the top pieces of fantasy series. It is regarded as one of the best series written by J.K. Rowling. She has inspired millions of people with her eight different publications of the Harry Potter Series.
Do you want your child to become a Harry Potter fan too? Worry not! We’ll suggest to you some fantastic harry potter craft activities that your kids will love to make. In order to fulfill this thing, you’ll need to incorporate more of the Harry Potter universe into your real life.
Furthermore, you can also aim to become a bigger Harry Potter fan by digging deep into its matter, visiting Harry Potter landmarks or even by talking with other Harry Potter fans.
Harry potter craft activities for kids
Waiting to introduce your child to the stunning volumes of Harry Potter and be a crazy fan or have already introduced them? To help you achieve this aim, we present to you some mind-blowing Harry Potter craft activities that’ll prove to be a great option!
Make An Elder Wand
To make an elder harry potter wand, you can reuse newspaper and chopsticks. Once you are done with the base, you’ll be ready to make an impressive looking wand along with your child. To make the act even more amazing and fun, you can pretend to as a wizard/witch as well. For a detailed explanation, go through the following steps:
- Place 3 newspapers on a table, one on top of the other.
- Now stick the edges of them altogether, such that you get a thicker base for your wand. This way you’ll get a newspaper base.
- Fold this newspaper base in the shape of a roll so that you get a wand like structure.
- You might observe circular thickenings all over the wand, in the following picture. To create such an effect, take fine strips of newspaper (3cm×15 cm) and wrap them around the wand.
- Make sure to leave sufficient space between the circular thickening in order to get a better masterpiece.
- Now all you need to do is just pain your wand!
Make Your Harry Potter T-Shirt
The idea of having your own Harry Potter themed t-shirt is quite unique! By taking a look at this craft activity, you’ll get a better picture.
All that you need to go for this is to:
- Choose a t-shirt.
- Pick your child’s preferred watercolor.
- The next step involves downloading the desired stencil and cut out the required part.
- Tell your kid to sponge all over the required vacant space on the t-shirt.
- Once you are done with the spongy part, you are good to put it on!
Harry Potter Mini Books
Your kid will definitely love this idea of making a miniature collection of Harry Potter books. Yes, the seven of them!
For making a Harry Potter miniature book set, you need to follow the above mentioned steps:
- You can reuse old matchboxes to give them the look of books.
- Now you need to download the required template for your Harry Potter craft idea.
- If you are a good artist, you may even choose to design the teammates on your own!
- Your book collection is finally ready!
The Golden Snitch
You might have heard about the Quidditch match. It is actually an amazing place where you will end up winning only when you hold the elusive golden snitch. What if we tell you that you can make a golden snitch on your own with this quick Harry Potter craft activity! It is a décor that you must have if you belong to the Harry Potter Club.
For making your own Golden Snitch, you need to follow the above instructions:
- You need a set of clay (choose your preferred color)
- Now roll the clay in order to give it the shape of a ball.
- Once you get a complete look, like for the one shown in the above picture, follow the next step.
- You might find artificial feathers available in the market.
- You just need to get a pair of feathers to shape up your golden snitch.
- Prick the clay from 2 sides, as shown in the picture below.
- Add the feathers to this hole.
Make Your Own Firebolt!
It is quite simple to guess that you would love to get a hand on that Firebolt, Sirius Black bought Harry Potter! How about making your own miniature model with this Harry Potter craft idea? Before beginning, make sure to college all the essential supplies to make a Firebolt table décor.
- You can use a set of old brooms that’s available at your home.
- If you don’t have a set of broomstick set, you may collect a wood piece and add sticks to it as shown in the picture.
- For further detailed structure, you can even use other props to be added as well.
Harry Potter Wand And Hat
While heading towards Hogwarts, a wand and a hat are a must! Undoubtedly, it is difficult to physically go to Diagon Alley for shopping. What if we teach you to create a want and a hat while at home?
For the gold snitch and the wooden stick mentioned, we have already given a detailed description for the same.
In order to design a hat, you to gather cardboard sheets, stick tape, scissors and some brown painting color.
For further details, check out this wonderful Harry Potter craft activity:
- Begin by taking a measurement of your kid’s head circumference. Now the circumference will act as the inner boundary of the hat.
- On the cardboard sheet, draw a circle with the same measurement as your notes.
- Now make a bigger circle around the previous circle.
- Keep in mind that the radius of the bigger circle must be 2.5× larger than the smaller one.
- Cut the area of the small circle.
- Fold the cardboard sheet in the shape of a cone.
- Make sure that the circumference of the cone must match with the inner circumference of the circle.
- With the help of tape, stick the ends of the cone as well as the circular cutout.
- Paint your hat with a brown color. Let it dry.
Hogwarts Acceptance Letter
The journey of Harry Potter can never be considered to be complete without the Hogwarts School Acceptance Letter. Isn’t it? Wouldn’t it be really amazing if your kid learns to design the same letter on his own?
To help you out we have mentioned the steps for designing an acceptance letter below.
- To begin with, you need to prepare coffee paint to give your sheet an effective look!
- To make this paint, all you need to do is boil some water and add coffee beans to it. Let it dry for some time.
- Your coffee paint is ready!
- With the help of a brush, paint the cardboard sheet. This would give your sheet an amazing texture as well as a vintage look.
- Let it dry for some time.
- Now download the sample textual description of the acceptance letter from the internet.
- Such descriptions are easily available on the internet. So worry not!
- Take a print out of that description, using the same sheet you prepared.
We are sure that you might want to try something on this list. The second possibility might be that you will want to try all of them! For making your quarantine period fun, you may try these activities for your kids to stay busy. All Harry Potter’s fans would agree with the fact that no matter if the series end, the magic will never die!