How to Draw a Strawberry?2 min read
Strawberries are a yummy fruit that is loved by almost everyone. This easy step-by-step tutorial will help your child to learn how to draw a strawberry that looks bright and juicy. But before we get into the drawing tutorial, we have some interesting fun facts for you!
Strawberry Fun Facts
Strawberries are low-growing and herbaceous plants. Here are a few fun facts about strawberries
- A strawberry is a member of the rose family.
- A strawberry is the only fruit with seeds on the outside.
- Strawberries are the first fruit that ripens in the springtime.
- An average strawberry can have around 200 seeds.
- Strawberries were used by the ancient Romans to treat almost everything – from sore throats and fevers to depression.
- Strawberries are believed to help to reduce the risk of heart disease as well as certain cancers.
What Materials are Required to Draw a Strawberry?
To draw a strawberry, you will require the following materials
- Drawing Paper
- Black Marker
- Crayons/Color Pencils
How Long Will It Take to Draw a Strawberry?
It may take kids 45 minutes to draw a strawberry.
How to Draw a Strawberry?
While drawing, kids should use guides. Guides help by providing a reference point. Make your drawing guide by drawing dotted lines horizontally and vertically on your paper. Alternatively, fold your paper in these two ways in half.
Now follow these easy steps to draw a strawberry:
Step 1: Start by drawing half a heart with a flat bottom.
Step 2: Draw the other side too. It doesn’t necessarily have to be symmetrical.
Step 3: Now draw a stem for the strawberry.
Step 4: Add one leaf petal.
Step 5: Draw another leaf petal.
Step 6: Add another leaf petal over the edge.
Step 7: Draw more leaf petals and erase the extra inside lines.
Step 8: Draw a lot of small oval seeds that are evenly spaced out.
Step 9: Outline your strawberry and color it!
Your bright and juicy strawberry drawing is ready! And you learned a few fun facts about the fruit too!