How to Draw a Seahorse?4 min read
Arts and crafts projects help develop various executive functions, such as memory and self-control. Learning to master various skills helps kids develop self-esteem and confidence. They also help them cope with stressful situations. So if your child loves drawing and coloring, then give them ideas to do it better. This article explores some of the various benefits of art-making for kids.
Advantages of Art for Kids
- Encourage them to draw pictures of big and small objects, as well as rough and near ones.
- Aside from fine motor skills, drawing helps children develop eye-hand coordination. This is especially important in sports and recreational situations.
- Your child may not yet understand the concepts of distance and size comparison, but drawing provides the perfect opportunity to develop these skills in a deliberate manner.
- Creating physical representations of your child’s thoughts and feelings helps build confidence.
- Drawing can help build self-esteem. It will also make him or her feel more inspired and motivated.
- Creative drawing helps children develop critical thinking and creativity.
- Creating a specific drawing task can help your child develop problem-solving skills.
- Learning to master various skills helps kids develop confidence. They also help them cope with stressful situations.
Let’s draw a Seahorse today!
What is a Seahorse?
A seahorse is a small marine fish with a rounded head and a tubular snout. It has bony armor and an upright posture. Seahorses have rounded heads. Seahorses have a shape that resembles that of a horse’s head. They can change their color in a few minutes. Seahorses have unique characteristics. The male has a brood pouch. They hatch their eggs in a pouch on their belly. The male then expels them with contractions.
Fun Facts about Seahorse
- They eat almost constantly. Their bodies can digest up to 3,000 brine shrimp a day.
- Land based horses can use their tails to chase flies, but they can also use them to fight over territory and food.
- Seahorses can also use their tails to anchor themselves in a storm.
- These little creatures have the ability to camouflage themselves using their bodies.
- They can also hide their bodies under their fur or their skin.
- There are plenty of predators that can kill these animals.
- They are also a threat to humans.
- These are fish with swim bladders, gills, and fins.
- They have unique markings on their bodies.
- These animals have eyes that work independently of each other.
- They can also keep one eye looking behind them so they can keep track of predators.
Materials needed to draw the Seahorse
White drawing paper – To draw and color.
Pencil – Drawing with a pencil helps, making corrections by erasing and re-drawing.
Eraser – To erase any mistakes if any.
Black Marker – After the drawing is done, black markers can be used to make the outline.
Crayons – To add color to the drawing.
Guidelines to help Kids draw
- Getting kids started with guidelines is the best way to teach them how to draw.
- One of the easiest ways to do this is by showing them how to make the centered lines.
- It’s important to make sure that the drawing is big enough to fit in the tail and head perfectly on the sheet of paper.
- By folding the paper in half and making a crease.
- Then start drawing, this helps.
Steps to draw
- Fold the paper horizontally first and then vertically.
- Make a crease.
- Start by drawing the head first.
- Let’s draw with the pencil and make corrections with the eraser if any.
- Draw circles for the seahorse’s head and large eye.
- Add the back curve of the body.
- Draw the front curve of the body.
- Add the middle belly line.
- Draw the coronet and pectoral fin.
- Add the long wavy fin on the spine.
- Draw the belly ridges and an ear.
- Add seaweed flowing around.
- Now draw the outline with the black marker.
- Time for coloring!
- Start with the seaweed, with green color.
- Color the seahorse with orange and yellow color.
- Color the background with blue color.
Learning to draw stimulates kids’ creativity and builds their self esteem. It can also help improve their posture and reduce stress. Always allow your child to explore their talents. This is a part of their development. Hope this article helped your child learn to draw a Seahorse.