How to draw a Peacock?4 min read
Creating art is a great way to introduce children to the world of creativity. While drawing has many advantages, it is also a form of expression that has numerous developmental benefits.
Benefits of learning to draw
- Fine motor skills are those which involve the use of various movements of the hands and fingers. They are often used when performing specific tasks.
- Playing with writing implements is a great way to improve your child’s fine motor skills.
- Your child may not yet understand the concepts of distance and size comparison, but drawing provides the perfect opportunity to develop these skills in a deliberate manner.
- Having children draw specific objects can help them visualize everyday spaces. Encourage them to draw pictures of big and small objects, as well as rough and near ones.
- This activity provides children with the opportunity to develop fine motor skills and academic concepts. It also helps them establish their concentration and practice.
- Aside from fine motor skills, drawing helps children develop eye-hand coordination. This is especially important in sports and recreational situations.
- Creating physical representations of your child’s thoughts and feelings helps build confidence.
- Drawing can help build self-esteem and confidence. It will also make him or her feel more inspired and motivated.
- Creative drawing helps children develop critical thinking and creativity.
- Creating a specific drawing task can help your child develop problem-solving skills.
Let’s draw a Peacock today!
What is a Peacock?
Peacocks are also called peafowl. Strictly, the male is a peahen, and the female is a peafowl. The two most recognized species of peacocks are the Indian and the green. They can be found in India and Sri Lanka. The Congo peacock, on the other hand, is only found in its homeland.
Fun facts about Peacock
- Males are known as peahens, while females are called shrews.
- The Indian peacock was officially recognized as India’s national bird in 1963.
- It is associated with various Hindu religious traditions.
- When a peacock shows off his dramatic tail, it’s not just an attractive sight to our human eyes. It also helps determine the fitness of its mate.
- Aside from being the bird of India, peacocks are also a part of Greek mythology.
- They have also been associated with creativity and the idea of inspiration.
- Early Christian art frequently depicted peacocks, as they were believed to represent the all-seeing God.
Materials needed to draw the Peacock
White drawing paper – To draw and color.
Pencil – Drawing with a pencil helps, making corrections by erasing and re-drawing.
Eraser – To erase any mistakes if any.
Black Marker – After the drawing is done, black markers can be used to make the outline.
Crayons – To add color to the drawing.
Guidelines to help Kids draw
- Making a crease is the first thing to do before drawing.
- This is a great way to reference the steps and make them easier to follow.
- The U shape for the belly of a peacock is very important to get right.
- It should be in a good position on the paper, and it should be positioned just a bit below the horizontal line.
- Having a visual reference point will help someone get started with drawing accurately.
- It does not mean that students need to draw a fat line down the middle of their paper before they start.
- No, this is not a trick to make a finished art piece look good. Instead, simply fold the paper in half and make a crease.
Steps to draw
- Make guidelines on the paper.
- Let’s start with the belly
- Use the pencil and draw the belly.
- Now let’s make the head and neck.
- Draw the neck and head.
- Draw the eyes and the beak for the head.
- Now add wings, face and feet.
- Let’s start drawing the feathers.
- Draw two bottom feathers first.
- Now draw the center back feather.
- Add feathers to either side from the center back feather.
- Fill the tail with feathers.
- Now let’s design the feathers.
- Let’s draw the spots on feathers.
- Draw the land, by drawing a line for the ground.
- Use the black marker to draw the outline of the peacock drawing.
- Now let’s color the peacock.
- Color the ground with dark green color.
- Now color the body of the peacock with purple color.
- Color the feather in light green color.
- Color the design on the feather with purple and dark blue.
- The Peacock drawing is ready!
By learning to draw children will always develop their skills. So help them to try new things and ensure they enjoy them. Also, allow them to develop their talents. Hope this article helped you with tips and information on drawing a peacock.