How to Draw a Megalodon Shark?4 min read
Through the creative arts, children can express themselves and make sense of their feelings. This is a vital step in developing a sense of self-worth and confidence. Supporting a child’s love for drawing can be challenging, but it can also help develop self-esteem and confidence. This article gives you ideas to draw a Megalodon shark.
Benefits of drawing and coloring for kids
- Creating a blank piece of paper is a great way for children to express themselves and develop their imagination.
- Scribbling provides children with sensory enjoyment and independence, and it encourages hand-eye coordination.
- It also supports motor and muscle development.
- It also helps develop fine motor skills as children learn to control their finger grip.
- Give your child the opportunity to be involved in drawing activities by asking them to do so.
- This will help them develop fine motor skills and build social interaction.
- As hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills improve, children will start to draw more controlled objects.
- This is also a great time to experiment with different colors.
Let’s draw a Megalodon Shark today!
What is a Megalodon Shark?
Megalodon is a member of the megalodon family, which is believed to be the biggest shark ever to have existed. The megalodon is an extinct shark species that roamed the oceans about 23 to 3.6 million years ago. It was initially believed that it was a relative of the great white shark. Fossils of megalodons have been found dating back to the early Miocene period.
Fun facts of Megalodon Shark
- The megalodon is a type of shark that roamed the oceans for millions of years.
- It got its name from its massive tooth.
- The name megalodon was taken from the Greek for a giant tooth.
- It’s believed that megalodons ate around 2,500 pounds of food a day.
- They probably hunted in cold waters since they’re partially warm-blooded.
- It’s believed that female megalodons grew to be twice as big as males.
- They can reach a length of almost 12 feet and have a nose that’s about 6 feet long.
- Despite the fact that dinosaurs and megalodons are both extinct, they never really existed.
- The oldest fossils of megalodons can be found in the Miocene period.
- Fossils of the megalodons have been discovered in every continent except Antarctica.
- Scientists believe these animals were born in an area near Panama’s coast.
- Fossil records reveal that megalodons have large fossilized teeth.
- The biggest one found was a 69-inch megalodon tooth. It’s believed that its mouth was the biggest in the ocean.
Materials needed to draw the Megalodon Shark
- White drawing paper – To draw and color.
- Pencil – Drawing with a pencil helps, making corrections by erasing and re-drawing.
- Eraser – To erase any mistakes if any.
- Black Marker – After the drawing is done, black markers can be used to make the outline.
- Crayons – To add color to the drawing.
Guidelines to help Kids draw
- Drawing with guidelines is helpful
- If students make some of their own centered lines, they will be able to follow them much easier.
- The megalodon’s body begins at the center and then moves up and down in the opposite direction.
- Getting started with drawing is all about having a visual reference point to help you get started.
- It does not mean that children need to draw a fat line down the center of the paper.
- Instead, simply fold the paper in both directions and make a crease.
Steps to draw
- Make guidelines on the paper.
- Use the pencil to draw.
- Start drawing the top of the shark body.
- Now draw the bottom of the body.
- Draw the mouth and connect the top and bottom of the body of the shark.
- Let’s draw a large tail for the shark.
- Now let’s work on the face of the shark.
- Draw an eye, nose and gills for the shark.
- Now draw two rows of teeth.
- Draw the fins and the edge of the mouth.
- Erase the inside lines, and draw a water line.
- Now draw an outline with the black marker.
- Let’s start coloring.
- Use sky-blue color for the water.
- Color the body of the shark with grey and white colors.
- Color the portion above the water in dark blue.
Learning to draw stimulates kids’ creativity and builds their self esteem. It can also help improve their posture and reduce stress. Always allow your child to explore their talents. This is a part of their development. Hope this article helped your child learn to draw the megalodon shark.