How to draw a Manatee?3 min read
There is nothing that makes kids happier than creating their own art. Studies have shown that art can support children’s development in almost all areas of their lives. Art activities are time savers and can help kids develop their skills too.
Why art activities for kids?
- Activities like making art can help children develop fine motor skills and improve their visual-spatial skills.
- Building these skills can help kids develop critical thinking and creativity in other subjects, such as math and reading.
- Art can help children process their emotions and develop a deeper understanding of themselves.
- It can also provide them with a variety of sensory input to help them develop their imagination.
- Art encourages children to develop their creativity and imaginative thinking.
- This is a skill that is increasingly linked to long-term professional success.
- According to the IAC, exposure to the arts can help children develop their creativity and intellectual property.
- When children are young, they can make decisions about what kind of art to make, how materials to use, and even how to dress up their creations.
- By making their own choices, children develop confidence in their abilities and can express their feelings more confidently.
- Art can help children bond and communicate with each other even if they don’t know each other.
- It encourages cooperative behavior and helps children develop social skills.
Let’s draw a Manatee
What is a Manatee?
The manatee is a large animal with a flat tail, an egg-shaped head, and flippers. It’s also known for its slow swimming.
Fun – facts about Manatee
- Despite their name, these animals are closely related to elephants.
- They can swim quickly and quietly.
- These animals can grow almost 2 feet long and develop tails that are strong enough to propel their swimming.
- They can also use their bodies to propel themselves.
- Manatees are very sociable animals and do not need a leader or followers.
- They often swim alone or in pairs.
- When spotted in a group, they are known as aggregation.
Materials needed to draw the Manatee
White drawing paper – To draw and color.
Pencil – Drawing with a pencil helps, making corrections by erasing and re-drawing.
Eraser – To erase any mistakes if any.
Black Marker – After the drawing is done, black markers can be used to make the outline.
Ruler – to draw the guidelines.
Crayons – To add color to the drawing.
Guidelines to help Kids draw
- This step will teach your children how to use guides as reference points.
- They should also make sure that the shape of their work is big enough to fit in the paper.
- Having a visual reference point helps everyone get started correctly.
- Getting started is all about getting the lines on the paper right. Having a visual reference point will help kids get started.
- So, children can do this with a piece of paper, or use a pencil.
Steps to draw
- Let’s start withdrawing the guidelines.
- Use a pencil and a ruler to draw it.
- Start drawing the head with a tilted egg shape.
- Draw an upside down C above the tilted egg shape.
- Let’s make the face now.
- Now draw the mouth shape on the left.
- Then draw an eye and nose with details.
- Now let’s work on the rest of the body.
- Add the tail shape below.
- Draw the tail details also.
- Manatee has flippers.
- Now draw two flippers.
- Now let’s work on the background of the sea.
- Add small underwater plants and background.
- Draw the outline with the black marker.
- You are ready to color now!
- Color the manatee in ash color.
- The underwater plants are green.
- The ground is sky blue and the background is dark blue.
Art activities are more satisfying. Kids who create their own art develop skills better. Studies have proven that it can support children’s development and help them develop their skills. Hope this article helped you learn how to draw a manatee.