How to draw a Llama?3 min read
Art-making is beneficial for children’s development, it can also have various positive effects on their bodies. This article explores some of the various benefits of art-making for kids.
Benefits of Art Activities for Kids
- Scribbling with crayons and markers is a great start to learning to write. Also, holding a paintbrush and stringing beads help develop fine motor skills.
- Learning to master various skills helps kids develop self-esteem and confidence. They also help them cope with stressful situations.
- Time-dependent projects can also encourage patience. They can also help kids develop long-term attention spans.
- Visual-spatial skills help develop fine motor skills and creativity.
- Arts and crafts projects help develop various executive functions, such as memory and self-control.
Let’s draw a Llama today!
What is a Llama?
A domesticated animal of the family of Camelidae. It is a descendant of Guanaco and is known to live in South America. The llama is mainly a pack animal, but it also uses its body to make food, hide, and tallow for candles. It is also used as fuel. The llama is a domesticated animal used as a pack animal in South America. They live in groups and are very social animals.
Fun facts about Llama
- They are very social animals and can be trained to protect small animals. They will also chase off coyotes and other predators.
- Llamas are smart.
- They can tell the difference between a neighbor’s dog and a coyote.
- These animals belong to the Camelids, which also include the alpacas.
- They can be very vocal when they get annoyed.
- Llamas communicate by humming.
- Like humans, llamas have hormonal systems that regulate their blood sugar levels.
Materials needed to draw the Llama
White drawing paper – To draw and color.
Pencil – Drawing with a pencil helps, making corrections by erasing and re-drawing.
Eraser – To erase any mistakes if any.
Black Marker – After the drawing is done, black markers can be used to make the outline.
Crayons – To add color to the drawing.
Guidelines to help Kids draw
- Getting kids started with guidelines is the best way to teach them how to draw.
- One of the easiest ways to do this is by showing them how to make the centered lines.
- It’s important to make sure that the drawing is big enough to fit in the tail and head perfectly on the sheet of paper.
- By folding the paper in half and making a crease.
- Then start drawing, this helps.
Steps to draw
- Fold the paper horizontally first and then vertically.
- Make a crease.
- Start by drawing the head first.
- Let’s draw with the pencil and make corrections with the eraser if any.
- Draw an upside down U for the top of the head till the neck.
- Now let’s work on the body.
- Draw the body shape down and to the right.
- Let’s make the legs for the Llama.
- Draw a simple front leg and back leg.
- Add two more legs and a tail.
- Now that body of the Llama is ready to color.
- Let’s draw the face.
- Add two ears on top of the head, then the eyes, nose and mouth.
- Draw a blanket with some simple tassels.
- For the final step, draw decorations around the neck.
- Once done, draw the outline with the black marker.
- Let’s start coloring now.
- Use pink for the inside of the ears.
- Color the decorations with vibrant colors.
- Now color the blanket with red, orange and blue colors.
- Use pink for the background.
Learning to draw stimulates kids’ creativity and builds their self esteem. It can also help improve their posture and reduce stress. Always allow your child to explore their talents. This is a part of their development. Hope this article helped your child learn to draw the Llama.