How to draw a Ladybug?4 min read
We often see kids drawing on paper and notebooks. There are many benefits of drawing for children. This article will talk about the benefits of drawing for children.
Benefits of this activity
- Through this activity, children will be able to explore various art materials.
- They will also be curious to try different colors and textures. Encourage them to experiment by using various toys and materials. Step by Step Drawing Guide for Kids
- These activities can be performed with various tools and equipment.
- They can be used to create new shapes, paint and cut paper products, and assemble objects.
- Art helps children develop fine motor skills such as hand-eye coordination and the ability to create scribbles and marks.
- It also helps develop gross motor skills such as drawing and painting.
- By using markers, a child can develop eye tracking by following the movements of his/her eyes as they create color.
- This will help them learn how to read and form letters.
Let’s draw a Ladybug
What is a Ladybug?
Ladybug/Ladybird beetle is a name given to the family Coccinellidae, which includes about 5,000 species of beetles. These little birds are usually hemispheric in shape and have short legs. The wing covers and spots of ladybird beetles vary depending on the species. The nine-spotted ladybug beetle, for instance, has four spots on its orange wing cover.
Fun – facts about Ladybug
- Entomologists refer to bugs as the true insects, which are known as Hemiptera.
- These dome-backed beetles have been called ladybugs for 500 years in Europe.
- They usually refer to themselves as ladybugs’ beetles.
- During the middle ages, European crops were plagued by pests. Farmers started praying to the Virgin Mary to ward off the invaders. And ladybugs came to ward off these pests.
- The farmers started calling them red and black lady beetles. They were named after the Virgin Mary.
- A ladybug’s Hemolymph will stain the surface of its joints after being startled.
- The smell of Hemolymph can also be unpleasant for humans.
- Like many insects, ladybugs have Aposematic coloration. This allows them to tell predators about their toxicity.
- Almost all ladybugs feed on insects. They are good predators of plant pests.
- These little creatures have long, pointed, and legless bodies. They’re usually found in the middle of the night and feed on aphids.
Materials needed to draw the Ladybug
White drawing paper – To draw and color.
Pencil – Drawing with a pencil helps, making corrections by erasing and re-drawing.
Eraser – To erase any mistakes if any.
Black Marker – After the drawing is done, black markers can be used to make the outline.
Ruler – to draw the guidelines.
Crayons – To add color to the drawing.
Guidelines to help Kids draw
- Drawing guidelines are very helpful for students who may not have the time to make their own lines.
- The oval shape of the body should also be positioned near the top of the paper.
- It should also be high enough to allow for the legs and head to be underneath.
- Getting started is very important, as it can help children feel more confident and productive while they’re working.
- Having a visual reference point will also help others learn how to be more accurate.
Steps to draw
- Let’s start with drawing the guidelines.
- Use a pencil and a ruler to draw it.
- Now let’s work on drawing the body of the Ladybird.
- Draw a large oval for the body.
- Now let’s draw the head.
- To draw the head add a small bump on the large oval body.
- Let’s draw the wings.
- Draw a curve on the back for the separation of its wings.
- Add the seven spots on the back as shown.
- Now, draw two antennae on the head.
- Now the body is ready, Let’s draw the legs.
- Draw the two front legs bending forward and two middle legs bending back.
- Add the two back legs bending backward.
- Now draw the outline with the black marker.
- Now let’s color it.
- Color the background green.
- Color the body of the Ladybird with red.
Creating art helps children develop their creativity and confidence. It also helps them develop their basic skills and self-esteem. Hope this article helped you understand the benefits of drawing. Start drawing a ladybug today with your child.