How to Draw a Haunted House?5 min read
Haunted houses have become an important part of the preservation of old buildings. According to Colin Dickey, they can also teach us about our history. Children are curious about haunted houses. This article will teach you to draw a haunted house.
What happens while drawing?
- Drawing makes people visualize different colors and different places. It helps them visualize their emotions.
- Creative skills help develop the brain’s overall structure. When done correctly, these activities can help calm and relieve stress.
- Creating masterpieces with vibrant colors can help people with memory issues. It can also boost their creativity and memory skills.
- Drawing is a great way to express feelings and emotions without words. It can also overcome fears and make one feel more confident.
Getting into the habit of drawing
A study conducted in 2006 suggested that art therapy could help women with cancer overcome their emotional distress. Another study revealed that the treatment helped adult cancer patients overcome their physical pain. It can improve a person’s communication skills. It can also help them express their unutterable feelings through art activities. This skill is beneficial for children as it allows them to complete various tasks efficiently. Most of us have developed bilateral coordination skills to do various activities like drawing, skipping, typing, etc. Art helps in developing bilateral coordination by using both hands. This discipline involves painting, drawing, and cutting.
Benefits of drawing
- Aside from boosting creativity, drawing also helps improve fine motor coordination. For example, when people play with various objects such as pencils and paints, they tend to improve their skills in their hands and fingers. This is also beneficial for people with limited mobility.
- After mastering various motor skills, your brain will eventually develop mental shortcuts used in everyday life.
- Art has been known to enhance one’s self-regulation skills.
- Creative art allows one to express their feelings healthily. It is a great way to improve one’s self-esteem.
- Creating artwork with the right combination of colors and creativity helps in uplifting negative emotions.
- Being able to improve one’s skills makes one feel great.
- Self-esteem is a vital component of mental health. It can help boost a person’s confidence and ward off negative thoughts.
- When people put their emotions on canvas, they can relieve their negative thoughts and feelings. This activity is also beneficial for patients as it can ease physical pain.
Let’s draw a Haunted House
What is a Haunted House?
A haunted house is a place where supernatural events happen. It can be filled with ghosts and spirits. The idea that a house is haunted often begins after a violent or tragic event in the home. This is usually triggered by murder or suicide. A haunted house can be an attraction in amusement parks too. Certain poisonous gasses can cause hallucinations. Also, infrasound can induce psychosis.
Fun facts about haunted houses
- Haunted houses are very popular around Halloween. Some of them have special effects, and some of them even have scary monsters running around.
- The concept of the haunted house can be traced back to the 19th century in London. The increasing popularity of these attractions led to the creation of truly gruesome attractions.
- Haunted House is a great resource for teachers and students. This site features a number of resources that will help you get started with this popular topic.
- In the same year, Marie Tussaud exhibited wax sculptures of decapitated royal figures.
- Haunted houses are often perceived as haunted houses that contain disembodied spirits.
- During The Renaissance, people would strap pig’s bladders to their bodies to make them look like they were bleeding. There were also times when people would stare at them in horror movies.
- Some people believe that there are people who are headless or faceless in haunted houses. Others have heard horrific screams and see other children playing with them.
Materials needed to draw the Puppy
- Drawing paper
- Black Sharpie marker
Guidelines to help Kids draw
- Having a visual reference point is very helpful for anyone who is learning how to draw.
- Following the step of this article, it has a grid of lines, which are in vertical and horizontal directions.
- With all the different sizes and shapes of haunted houses out there, here are some tips to make them look truly frightening.
- They need to be cluttered and unruly in order to look scary.
- This house has a definite shape and overall look that is cluttered and unruly.
Steps to draw
- Let’s start with drawing the guidelines.
- Use a pencil and a ruler to draw it.
- Now let’s work on drawing the haunted house.
- Start with a rectangle floor and a tower on top for the haunted house.
- Now let’s add the first floor to the left of the tower as shown.
- Draw the second floor on top of the first floor.
- Add the small third floor above the second floor.
- Draw the bottom floor windows and a door.
- Add the second floor windows.
- Draw the third floor windows and add a cat if you wish.
- Add the bricks, the background grass and a full moon.
- Let’s use the marker to draw the outline.
- Now start coloring.
- Color the walls of the house in light peach color.
- Color the roofs brown.
- Color the windows in sky blue and color the cat head in black, the spooky skull in the window in white for a scary effect.
- Color the sky violet and the grass in green.
Try drawing the Haunted house with your child using these simple ideas. Drawing helps kids release their emotions. After mastering drawing, certain motor skills are developed, your brain can develop mental shortcuts that are commonly used in everyday life. Hope this article helped you with understanding how drawing develops a child’s brain and skills.