How to Draw a Fish Head?2 min read
Are you looking for an interesting and fun art project for your child to do? We have a fish head drawing tutorial that your child will definitely enjoy. Your child will not only learn how to draw a fish in close-up but also learn some fun facts that we have for you! Without any further ado, let’s start drawing!
Fun Fish Facts!
Did you know that?
- Most fish don’t have eyelids!
- Fish are cold-blooded!
Unlike us humans who are warm-blooded.
- Fish talk to each other!
They communicate through sound, colors and even movements and motions.
- The Croaker Fish is the loudest fish!
- The Antarctic Ice Fish lives in the coldest of temperatures!
These fish have antifreeze in their blood and permanently live at -1°C.
- There are easily over 30,000 species of fish in the ocean!
And many haven’t even been discovered yet.
- The world’s smallest fish is the Tiny Goby!
It lives in the Philippians.
Fish are as fascinating as any other creatures on the earth. And we’re sure you agree!
What materials are required to draw a fish head?
- Drawing Paper
- Black Marker
- Crayons/Color Pencils
Alternatively, you will need these materials if you want to draw and then paint your fish head
- Black Marker
- Watercolor Paper
- Liquid Watercolor Paint
- Paint Brush
- How long will it take to draw a fish head?
- It will take you an hour to draw a fish head.
How to draw a fish head?
When drawing anything, it is always good to use drawing guides. Guides and guidelines provide a reference point that helps while drawing. To make a guide, you will need to either draw dotted lines with your pencil – horizontally and vertically or fold your drawing paper in these two ways.
Follow these steps to draw a fish head with us
- Start by drawing the outline of the head.
- Now add the curve of the face.
- Add a small lip too.
- Now draw a round fish eye.
- Draw a ring around the eye. Also, draw a small circle inside.
- Now draw part of the gill.
- Add stripes to the body of the fish.
- Draw some gill details.
- Now outline your fish with a marker. You could color it with crayons or color pencils. You could also choose to paint your fish head.