How to Draw a Cruise Ship?3 min read
For children who are interested in transportation, this simple and massive cruise ship illustration could be just the ticket. It could also be used to introduce perspective. Drawing always enhances a child’s brain and skill development.
Let’s get to know a Cruise Ship!
A cruise ship is a luxury vehicle that takes passengers on a journey for pleasure. It is used to transport people to various destinations. Unlike the ocean liner, a cruise ship takes people on a round trip that is very different from the typical ocean liner. Instead of being transported to a faraway land, passengers onboard a cruise ship enjoy a relaxing and enjoyable trip.
Fun facts about Cruise Ship.
- A cruise ship is a vessel that’s used for various types of recreational and leisure voyages.
- These trips can be enjoyed by individuals or groups.
- Due to the rapid growth and specialization of the cruise industry, the various aspects of its design and construction have also affected its overall aesthetics and functionality.
- This has led to an increasing number of clients who are sensitive to the various factors affecting their satisfaction and quality.
- Nowadays are days when you can visit any continent or region on Earth aboard a cruise or recreational ship.
- There are numerous ways to experience this planet’s diversity, including secluded places and exotic attractions.
- Over the years, various companies and organizations have started offering cruise services that are not usually associated with the cruise industry.
Perspective & Drawing
- Architect Filippo Brunelleschi was one of the first to realize the importance of perspective. He developed a linear perspective that projected the illusion of depth.
- In art, perspective is a technique used to create an illusion of space and depth on a flat surface.
- The concept of vanishing points was discovered by the masters of mechanics. They said that straight parallel lines that run across a distance move off into what are called vanishing points.
- At some point, everyone learned how to draw a simple cube. The first step in mastering perspective is learning how to set up a couple of perspective points.
- Everything in the world follows these rules of perspective. If you want to make your drawings look realistic, start with a one-point perspective.
Let’s draw a Cruise Ship today!
Materials needed to draw the Cruise Ship
- Drawing paper
- Black Sharpie marker
Guidelines to help Kids draw
- Making a crease is the first thing to do before drawing.
- This is a great way to reference the steps and make them easier to follow.
- Having a visual reference point will help someone get started with drawing accurately.
- It does not mean that students need to draw a fat line down the middle of their paper before they start.
- No, this is not a trick to make a finished art piece look good. Instead, simply fold the paper in half and make a crease.
Steps to draw
- Let’s draw the guidelines first using the pencil.
- Now let’s draw a water line.
- Now let’s draw the main ship shape above it.
- Draw the deck on top of the main ship.
- Above the deck draw another deck on top.
- Now draw two smokestacks.
- Let’s add some smoke coming out of each smokestacks.
- Let’s draw windows and preserver shapes for the cruise ship.
- Now let’s work on the background.
- Draw some birds flying around the sky.
- Using the black marker draw the outline.
- Now color the whole picture.
- Color the sea in dark blue.
- Color the ship in ash, orange and pink.
- Now color the smokestacks and the lifesaver in red and white.
- Color the background blue.
By learning to draw children will always develop their skills. So help them to try new things and ensure they enjoy them. Also, allow them to develop their talents. Hope this article helped you with tips and information on drawing a cruise ship.