How to draw a cat face?4 min read
If you are looking for some cool ways to draw dogs and cats, then you’ll easily find hundreds of ways over the internet. No matter whether you want to draw a simple, realistic, cartoony, full body or close up picture, with just a single click everything will be there in front of you.
Keeping all such factors in mind, we have brought to you an amazing tutorial to help your young artists to draw a cat face, and that too with a very intense yet cute look.
You just need a few simple shapes to put this kitty together, and once you are done with it, you’ll be able to color it in many different ways.
Are you a person who is in love with cats? If that’s the case, then you must definitely join us and learn how to draw a cat face using some basic and simple shapes!
Materials that you may require
- Pencil-You must choose a pencil having a high HB grade as it would help you to draw dark and fine lines in total. Also, they are the easiest to erase.
Nevertheless, if you buy a pre-sharpened one, then it will save a lot of time.
- Eraser-We recommend you to use large erasers as they are easy to hold in your hand and they also do a much better job than just the pencil tip erasers. This happens especially when erasing leftover pencil lines after tracing.
- Black Sharpie Marker-Such a black marker will help you to make nice black lines. Also, they have a good tip for coloring and never bleed when they get wet.
If you use them with good ventilation and add extra paper, then it would eventually bring out better results.
- Crayola Crayons-Crayola crayons come from a reliable brand that always works well. It has got a set of 24 crayons and has got some of the best ones like the golden orange and yellow colors. Such ranges of color seem to be a bit richer and warmer than the ones Prang has.
According to our estimations, you may require approximately 45 to 60 minutes in order to draw your masterpiece. But with regular practice, the timespan will decrease.
How to draw a cat face
You’ll gather an endless number of drawing experiences once you walk through the steps of drawing. This tutorial will be quite simple on how to draw a cat face.
We have tried not to overload your first experience with unnecessary details. But at the same time, we decided to keep the concept simpler yet amazing so that at the end you get a fairly realistic cat’s face drawing.
We hope that you’ll enjoy this guide in eight easy steps. All that you need to do is follow this simple sequence of steps and we promise you to give great results!
1. Draw a circle followed by two triangles at adjacent positions as shown in the picture.
For a rough idea, draw a rough line in the center of the circle. You can also draw horizontal lines for the distinctive features of the cat’s face.
2. Draw the cat’s beard in the sidewise portion as shown below.
Once you are done with the hairy portion, proceed with the eyes. The eyes must be pear-like in shape.
3. Time to design your cat’s nose and mouth portion. You can try various styles but for reference, we have attached a reference picture for your cat’s nose and mouth.
4. Modify your cat’s mustache as well as ears. You can add further modifications to your cat’s eye region.
5. Don’t forget to make hairlike portions wherever necessary in your cat’s face region. This will give an edge to your cat’s features.
6. Erase the rough lines we drew earlier. And give your cat its final look by marking necessary details with the help of a black sharpie marker.
Once you are done with all the steps, you’ll only be left with the coloring part! You can color your cat with any color that you want to.
Which person doesn’t love cats? Like they are regarded to be much beloved by every person who loves cats. Some of the best features they have include- they’re beautifully proportioned, bewhiskered as well as beguiling.
You’ll undoubtedly begin to explore many different ways to represent a cat’s face in your own drawing, once you draw your own cat face. We bet that it will not be a one-off experience!
However, as you start with your journey somewhere, this article will definitely offer some great beginner tips for you to prepare and draw a cat’s face.