How to draw beautiful flowers?3 min read
Flowers are known to give an aesthetic sense of satisfaction as well as positive vibes to everybody around. Also, they are one of the very first things that children learn to draw as beginners. And why should be blame children for this? Their beauty and aura can lay their effect on anybody. Furthermore, today we have brought to you a guide wherein you can teach your kids more about drawing certain different types of flowers.
Nature has provided with all the beautiful things. All that we need to do is to look around and feel its magic!
List of 6 beautiful flowers that you can try
You may have observed an endless number of flowers till date. To name some of them, we have- Rose, sunflower, marigold, pansy, tulip, lily and many more. Before starting, let’s look at some simple steps that you can use to draw any preferred flower of yours. We have provided a quick guide below to let you choose your favorite one!
Time required to draw a flower
On average, a child may take a total of 20-30 minutes to draw a beautiful. All in all, it depends upon person to person. And also, the type of flower you are trying to make.
Materials required to draw a flower
You may need the following set of materials to draw a flower.
- Pencil– Make sure to use a pencil with having good Hb grade. This will help you to create an amazing and perfect amount of texture.
- Eraser– Use an eraser that should be large in size. The eraser should not be hard in its make, otherwise, it will spoil your picture.
- Black sharpie marker– Black marker is used to give a fine outline to your flower, once you are done with the coloring part.
- Crayons– You can use crayons to color your flowers. Also, you can refer to the concept of blending colors. For learning how to blend colors efficiently, refer to our post which helps you to learn the concept of blending colors.
- Painting colors– If your kid loves painting, then you also use painting colors in place of crayons. But make sure to always have a newspaper or any old cloth with you to clean the mess around.
Procedure to make a flower
Whether you want to draw a rose, daisy, tulip, or sunflower, the flower is a beautiful subject to practice your sketching and make it fun. It only takes a few simple steps to create a symmetrical and lifelike flower, and flowers are perfect for helping you work on patterns or learn how to juxtapose overlapping shapes in your work of art. Plus, they are absolutely gorgeous and you can add a splash of color at the end to make them stand out from the page.
This guide will teach you how to draw different types of flowers in 9 easy steps, along with technical tips and tricks to make your flowers as beautiful as possible.
- Draw a big circle and then draw a smaller one at the center.
- Draw the stem and draw leaves on each side.
- Draw a thin elongated heart shape for the petal. Like the one shown in the picture below.
- Repeat step 3 until you have fully covered the edge of your inner circle.
- Add more petals to cover up empty space using pointed angles.
- Draw slanted lines crisscrossed over each other inside the small circle.
- Refine details of the leaves and the stem.
- Once you are done with the sketching part, draw an outline of the curves and edges with the help of a black sharpie marker. This way, your picture will look neat and clean.
- Color the drawing. Finally, your drawing will look something like shown below.
We hope that you might have learned a lot from the above guide. Hold your pencils right in hand! Because we’ll bring to you many more similar ways to draw. Till then, try to practice the other types of flowers on your own. With regular practice, you’ll gain good command over the textures and patterns of the flower.