How to Draw an Alpaca?2 min read
Alpacas are super cute animals and really fun to draw. In this tutorial, your child will learn how to draw an alpaca by following easy steps. Go grab your kid and your supplies and let’s get started! Before we begin drawing, we have some information on alpacas for you.
What is an Alpaca?
An Alpaca is a domesticated South American member of the camel family. These animals are slender-bodied animals with long legs and long necks. They have short tails, a small head and huge pointy ears. They have a shaggy coat that varies in color from black and brown to lighter shades like gray, pale yellow and sometimes even white. Alpacas are different from Llamas; they can be distinguished by their smaller size. On average, an alpaca can weigh between 121 and 143 pounds.
Alpaca Fun Facts
Here are some fun facts about Alpacas
- The average lifespan of an alpaca is 20 years.
- Alpacas are very docile, calm and harmless animals.
- There are no wild alpacas; every alpaca belongs to a farmer. They are domesticated versions of the vicuña.
- When an alpaca is happy, it will make a gentle mmmmmmmm sound.
- A baby alpaca is called a cria.
- There are two subspecies of alpacas: the Huacaya and the Suri.
What materials are required to draw an Alpaca?
- Drawing Paper
- Black Marker
- Crayons/Color Pencils
How long will it take to draw an Alpaca?
It may take kids around an hour to draw an alpaca. It’s one hour put to good use!
How to draw an Alpaca?
Teach kids the importance of using drawing guides. Guides help while drawing by providing a reference point. To make drawing guidelines, fold your drawing paper in half – horizontally and vertically. Alternatively, draw dotted lines on your drawing paper in the same manner.
Follow these easy steps to draw an alpaca
- Start by drawing the lower body of the alpaca.
- Continue drawing the top of the back of the alpaca.
- Add the head shape.
- Add back legs and feet.
- Draw the ears and the face of the alpaca.
- Draw the tail. Also, add a blanket and a bell.
- Decorate your blanket and make it look fancy.
- Add details to the background.
- Outline your alpaca with a black marker and color it.